Doctrine is that which a church teaches and believes. While not everything we believe is in this document. The salient points are herein. If you would like to know more, please contact our pastors.
We Desire. . .
- To Live every moment for the glory of God and to enjoy Him forever.
- To exalt the name of Jesus Christ, realizing that when Jesus is exalted, God is glorified.
- To encourage other Christians to live a life dedicated to our Savior, Jesus Christ the Righteous God.
- To reach the Salt Lake valley with the Gospel of Jesus Christ found in the Bible. This Gospel is that Jesus Christ who is God in the flesh; lived a perfect life, died on the cross for our sins, and rose from the dead to give us eternal life. All who believe on Him will have their sins forgiven and have a new life and purpose.
- To reach the world with message Jesus gave. “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes unto the Father except through Me.”
- To teach God’s only Word for us today, the Bible, knowing that it has all the answers for life
We Believe. . .
- The Holy Bible was written by men, supernaturally inspired by God and is truth and therefore will remain until the end of this age. It is the only complete and final revelation of the will of God to man being inerrant and infallible in all it says. (II Timothy 3:16,17; I Peter 1:21)
- There is only one living and true God who is Creator of the world. He exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit who are equal in nature but distinct in personality.
- Jesus Christ is eternally God who came to earth, never ceased being God, lived a sinless life, died to pay the penalty for sin, and rose from the dead. Our Lord Jesus Christ is now seated at the throne of the Father making intercession (prayer) for us daily.
- The Holy Spirit is equally God with the Father and the Son. He lives within the believer at salvation, seals them for eternal life, guides, teaches, sanctifies (makes holy), and helps the believer.
- God is the orchestrator and ordainer of men’s salvation based upon his Divine election, yet all people are personally responsible to receive the gift of God through faith alone.
- Jesus Christ literally created the world and everything in it in six days.
- Mankind apart from God is naturally wicked and utterly depraved therefore deserving of punishment in Hell, but Jesus Christ paid the penalty of that punishment when he gave Himself substitutionally for his people as a vicarious sacrifice by His death on a Roman cross.
- Jesus Christ rose from the grave victoriously on the third day (Sunday) and went up to heaven where he intercedes for his redeemed people.
- People will only receive forgiveness of sins by trusting exclusively in the propitious death and subsequent resurrection of Jesus Christ. A person thus born again by the Holy Spirit will receive by grace alone, Divine salvation which includes justification – being declared righteous by God; sanctification – being made to grow in righteousness by the Holy Spirit; and the prospect of glorification – promise of eternal life in a perfected state of righteousness when by the sovereign grace of God he repents of sin and own righteousness and trusts in Jesus Christ, receiving Jesus as his Lord and Savior.
- That the redeemed people of God will persevere in faith until they leave this earth, and that all true believers in Christ will manifest faith in holy living and loving service.
- The church and Israel are distinct yet spiritually related entities and that Christ will return in righteous judgment before he establishes his Kingdom on earth (Premillenial).